Friday, 22 February 2013

Product Review: Neal's Yard Remedies Nurturing Rose Conditioner

This conditioner was suggested to me by one of my Youtube subscribers. When I bought the conditioner at Waitrose it was £11.50 for 200ml but they have slashed the price in half temporarily, so get your bottles now ladies!


I loved it so much, I cut the bottle in half!

Ingredients: Aqua, Acer saccharinum (Maple) extract*, Cetyl alcohol, Olea europaea (Olive) fruit oil*, Behentrimonium chloride, Alcohol denat., Rosa centifolia (Rose) flower extract, Panthenol, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) oil*, Calendula officinalis (Marigold) flower extract*, Rosa damascena (Rose) flower oil*, Ceramide 3, Lauryl glucoside, Levulinic acid, Glycerin, Potassium sorbate, Polyquaternium-10, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.
*Organically produced ingredient. Natural constituent of essential oils listed. Made with 89% organic ingredients. This is a vegan product.
The good: This conditioner smells heavenly. Even before I read the ingredients, I had already decided that I would be buying it. Usually I balk at spending more than £8 on a conditioner smaller than at least 400ml but I didn’t even think twice when adding this to the trolley. It wasn’t all about the smell though, the ingredients in this conditioner are amazing! I will go on the record to say that I don’t believe there are any conditioners that can match all the organic love the people at NYR have put into making this hair loving conditioner. NYR state on their website that this conditioner is great for dry or damaged hair and that it replenishes lost moisture, improves the ease of  combing and restores shine. I love that the conditioner has a thick consistency, I loathe to see a thin consistency in a conditioner because I usually end up using more than I need to compensate. With the nurturing rose conditioner, I didn’t need huge amounts (even though in its natural state, my hair is a crazy, big afro that drinks conditioner for fun!) On Saturday I used up the very last globs of my conditioner, so the consistency definitely adds to making it economical (in my opinion.) I could see it penetrating my hair strands instead of just passively sitting on my hair strands, as so many cheaper quality conditioners do. For some reason I also loved the way they phrased their “how to use” instructions *shrugs*, it’s the little things I guess. My hair felt stronger from the first use and oh so very soft. I usually frown on people who ask to touch my hair but I would happily oblige whenever I had used this conditioner. I believe that prolonged use can definitely improve the quality of your hair. I can see how it replenishes moisture as the combination of oils that they’ve used namely olive and coconut oil, are both known to penetrate the hair shaft thus alleviating any dryness, nursing your hair and bringing it back to hair nirvana. Whenever I rinsed it off, my hair firstly (and perhaps most importantly,) smelt amazing!  I’m sure that in that week alone, many must have fallen in love with me solely on the basis of my delectably scented hair. I experimented and used it as a leave-in on a few occasions and got excellent results. My twist-outs felt, looked and smelt luscious from afar.

The bad: The size. At the time of buying the conditioner, I didn’t know that you could get bigger sizes until I went on their website, you better believe that it’s next on my hit-list! I actually saw the bigger size bottle when I went to buy the rosemary & cedarwood treatment (watch my review here.) It took all the strength in me to not buy it as I already had quite a few conditioners fighting for my hair’s attention. A minor flaw is that this conditioner is not the best for detangling, because my hair soaks it up sooo quickly! By the time I get my detangling comb/brush out, the conditioner is already absorbed. I had better success finger detangling but I do prefer comb/brush detangling.

Final rating: 4.5/5. The inability for me to detangle with a brush or comb is a very minor flaw. In fact it is a flaw that might as well be non-existent. I love that NYR have taken the time to produce a product that is truly great value for your money. This was the first product I used from NYR and shortly thereafter fell in love, I wish all their products smelt like this conditioner, I wish EVERYTHING smelt like this conditioner! 

4 comments:

  1. This sounds so lovely! I'll definitely be checking it out! I love their face products too :)

    Gem x
    http://www.gemmameansjewel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are rather lovely. Definitely going to try their face products. Thanks Gemma :-)

      Delete
  2. Sooooo aura!! I found your blog muhahahahaaa!! and so this is the conditioner u raved on about... well.. can i be honest... I've used this one before.. and the shampoo... i did finish it..but i didn't find it that good to be honest... for a natural conditioner, it was ok... but since my hair is very long...the conditioner didn't seem to condition my hair after double conditioning it even... it was still very difficult to comb my knots out... one that DID work and is totally amazing but very expensive was 'John masters Organics'honey and hibiscus hair reconstructor £28 and the Cirtus and neroli detangler £16 which i used as a leave in conditioner also.. its running out :'( sigh... what i do for my hair... lol!

    and yes... you can checkout my blog also :p
    www.jeniniooo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha my secret exposed :-( I loveed the conditioner but not to detangle with. I overlooked that point cause my hair smelt nice and felt good. My hair soaked it up too quickly so economical in terms of budget hmmm not really but worth it for me. Your hair is supeeer long though so you probably need a huge tub of conditioner. Need to try your suggestions... xxxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...